22 October 2008

the red. the white. the blue.

(note to diane: just skip this entry!)

her: "can i go meet barack obama mommy?"

me: "sure. of course. someday."

her: "does he live by mimi and poppy?"

me: "he probably will someday."

her: "oh. does he go to the beach, too?"

me: "maybe."

her: "i thought so. does he like funland?"

me: "doesn't everyone?"

her: "who is that guy with white hair?"

me: "what? who?"

her: "the old guy with white hair. he looks like a zombie."

me: "that's not nice."

her: "he does. i saw it on scooby do."

her: "i am a patriotic."

me: "that's good. it's important to be patriotic."

her: "i love the red white and blue."

then she broke into song. her patriotic song. all about loving the red.white.and blue. i love that she's in-tune. that she's paying attention. i'll take her to vote tomorrow. she can get an i voted sticker. she'll be gaga for it.

1 comment:

  1. asking me to skip the posting is like asking me to not look at a car accident...and I'm equally frightened by both.

    I'm glad you're going to vote with the princess! :)

    ReplyDelete