30 January 2007

A Cold January day and recurrent back pain

Talk about a bummer - the back pain is back - no kidding. After dealing with tremendous pain 3 years ago and undergoing microdiscetomy surgery, I erroneously thought I had recovered (I subconsciously knew I was kidding myself). Well, I've gone and done something else to my back - shooting pain down the leg and numbness. Back on the cocktail of pain killers. Trying only to take as necessary as I find it hard to function on them. Looking at an MRI next week and potential epidural steriod shots which I definitely want to avoid.

Not to mention it is a balmy 6 degrees here today. Desperately anticipating Spring. Yes, I know it's weeks away, but at least we are almost done with January. After that it seems to speed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment