07 September 2008

why. oh why?


starbucks.  why?  why? oh why?  why did you have to abandon almond flavored syrup? 


i suppose to many this may be old news.  

but it was news and new news to me.

i used to love my skinny lattes with almond flavoring.  but awhile back i decided i had had enough and needed a break...needed to purge my lattes from flavors.  i said good-bye.  i said no flavor, please.  i apparently had my last one.

today i gave in.  i really wanted a skinny almond latte.  i thought about it all through church.  i know.  i'm bad.  but at least i'm honest.  it sounded so good in my mind, i could almost taste it.  i couldn't get to starbucks fast enough.  

i got in the store.  no line. perfect i thought.  i ordered.  my usual.  grande skinny latte.  with extra extra velvety foam.  one splenda.  any flavor the barista asked?  why yes, i said.  stunned she said, what?  you, see, i never order flavor anymore.  she was taken aback.  which one? almond i said proudly.  what? she seemed to stumble over it.  almond?  yes, i said, with a smile, almond.  uh, we don't have almond syrup.  

huh?  what?  i always ordered almond syrup.  we don't have it, haven't had it since i've worked here.  disappointment.  sorrow.  thoughts of can i buy it on ebay? ran through my mind.  what about hazelnut, she suggested.  hazelnut?  ick.  i thought.  i'd rather not have a coffee than have hazelnut flavoring.  i'll pass, i said with deep sadness and a bit of embarrassment.  i guess it had been awhile since i'd given in to my craving.

so i sat there and drank my unflavored, skinny latte with one splenda and extra extra velvety foam.  it was good, but there was a bit of melancholoy hanging over the whole coffee experience today.  good-bye my friend.  good-bye to my go-to beverage of choice.  good-bye to almond flavored lattes.




2 comments:

  1. Scooter's has almond flavoring. Maybe you'll have to convert.

    ReplyDelete