27 March 2008

j

j is for...

...jinxed. exactly how i feel today. i jinxed myself. said just the other day how i hadn't been sick all winter and what happens on the first day of spring? i wake up with the flu. jinxed people. jinxed.

...julie. not only my name, but my best friend's name, too. hence the name twoyulies. she is bright and witty. and listens to me. we've been friends since college and we'll be friends forever. we've been through good and bad together. ups and downs. fun and no fun. land and sea. she's a part of the family.
...jeanne. smart, sassy jeanne. my austin friend who loves the good things and a day at the spa as much as i do. she's savy and silly and independent and successful and a great mom. i love that she owns her own business has interests and thinks big. she does cool things like surf camp and has grea ideas. she lives in a cool place and best of all she's a great listener.

...jamie. sweet silly jamie. jamie who always sees the good through the clouds. jamie who
loves to shop like I do, jamie who endured the utter ridiculousness and ignorance of gd with me, jamie who my kids adore, jamie who always has a smile and witty word, jamie who's crazy fun life inspires me to be young.

...jam. on toast, as cake filling raspberry, peach, blueberry. summer mornings. bread and jam for francis one of my most favorite kid's books.

...java. oh how i love the stuff. i've been trying to cut back, but i love nothing more than a good cup of java in my hand in the a.m.

...jealous. oh i can get pretty good and green with envy. people who are living my life with lots of wide open spaces, beautiful scenery and creative minds. i am blessed with what i have, but somedays i do get a little green.

...just. just because. i seem to say that alot these days to my four year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment