19 December 2008

really. i mean really.

why? do you sometimes just wonder why?

what did i do? why?

me: working on trying to get one of my holiday gifts done. 5 days to go. and counting.

her: complete quiet.

me: wondering what could be happening.

her: "mommy i need some help." "i'm five now, but i need some help." (apparently at five you can do everything.)

her: "NOW!"

me: xsklhdfl! (to myself). i could only imagine what had happened.

her: "i was just changing his diaper. and he tried to help."

me: "what?" it wasn't really registering apparently. as i dashed up the stairs.

her: "it's ok mommy" "it was just an accident he had".

me: thinking there "are no accidents."

i turn the corner to his room. the smell is overwhelming. the wipes are EVERYWHERE. an entire new box. scattered. and dirty. EVERYWHERE. he is laying on the floor in the middle of it. and i mean the middle of it.

i won't bore you with the gory details. the 30 minutes of clean up, the clothing and bedding change. the wipe down of the wall.

but i don't remember this being in the job description.

No comments:

Post a Comment