02 March 2009

happy birthday, dr. seuss.


we'll have green eggs (no ham, you see). but green eggs for dinner tonight in your honor, dr. seuss... green eggs. a little toad in the hole with a drop of green food coloring will do the trick. the littles will love it. and maybe we'll read the book, too...happy birthday, dr. seuss.

You do not like them.
So you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may, I say.

Sam!
If you will let me be,
I will try them.
You will see.

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
green eggs and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:29 AM

    What a great idea! We have a friend who serves green milk for breakfast on St. Patricks day, but I really like the toad in a hole with food coloring. Good job!

    ReplyDelete